Join us at the studio for a self-directed afternoon of leather working from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
We're opening up our studio to those who don't have a dedicated work space, or to those who want to work on their leather work projects, skills, and techniques in a studio environment.
This is not a workshop or class, we will have staff on hand to answer questions and give advice when needed, but will not be teaching any skills or fundamentals.
Space rentals include use of a mat, anvil, and punching block, as well as the use of a variety of hand tools! You can try out some tools that you may not have used before, or you can try them out in our studio first before buying them.
Hammers and Mallets
Items not available:
Hot Stamp Machines
Western-Style Stamps (Beveler's, Seeders, Shaders, etc)
All leathers, materials, hardware, thread, etc, must be supplied and brought by the individual who is renting space. We will not have any thread, rivets, glue, tape, leather, hardware, or other items available to use.
- However, as this is taking place on a Saturday, you are welcome to go down to the warehouse and purchase materials to use in the studio space during your allotted time.
You are welcome to bring your own hand tools to use at our studio but please make sure you are comfortable using them.
- With the exception of electric tools, such as dremels. We want to keep a clean space, and do not want excess dust in the studio.
- You may bring sand paper or sanding blocks.
All attendees must be 18 years or older to access the Open Studio.
- Please respect our space by being mindful and careful when using tools, these are meant to be shared, and are used by other students in our classes. Willful or negligent destruction of Lonsdale Leather tools may result in attendees being asked to purchase or replace the tool(s) or equipment.
- Please respect the space of the other attendees at Open Studio. Our studio is small, so keeping a tidy station and not encroaching on others space is appreciated.
- We encourage collaboration and conversation amongst attendees, however please keep all conversations appropriate. We value the safety and comfort of all staff, attendees, and visitors to the space. We are a zero tolerance space, and those using harmful or disrespectful language may be asked to leave.
- We ask all attendees to clean up their space, and any messes they've accumulated, before leaving the studio.
All attendees will be emailed a waiver form to sign before entry to their Open Studio Hours time-slot.
- Cancellations or rescheduling must be made at least 7 days in advance. Refunds will not be given if cancellation or rescheduling happens within that window.
- We can appreciate and respect that sickness/illness happens unexpectedly, in the case of becoming ill within 7 days of your open studio hour time-slot attendees will be refunded half of the cost of their time slot.
There is a non-refundable $10 admin fee for Open Studio Hour time slots. This helps us cover the cost of charges accrued from cancellations.
Rescheduling is allowed, if done at least 7 days prior to the start of the scheduled workshop. If rescheduling occurs more than 3 times you will be automatically refunded less the cost of the admin fee and you will have to get in touch with us to book any future time slots.
4 hour slot (11-3) - $60 ($15/hr)