The Owden Edge Creaser is an ideal tool to make an evenly spaces decorative line on the edge of your pieces.
- Stainless steel blade with ebony handle.
- There are three sizes: 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm and 2.5 mm.
- This tool is designed for right handed users
- Hold the creaser with the logo "Owden" facing outwards. There are two "blades" on the end of the tool, the right blade is going to hang down lower than the left blade.
- Keep the right blade tight against the edge of your piece, and apply even and consistent pressure, back and forth, across the edge. Pressure alone will create a line, however here are some other tips for usage if you're unhappy with the outcome:
- If using veg tan, wet the edge first and let dry a few minutes. Then use tool over the wet edge, this will increase the legibility of the line.
- If using chrome or oil tan, heat up the tool first and then apply pressure. We recommend using a lighter or heat gun, but you can find specific creaser lamps online.